London Calling
Pascale History More

Howdy!

I am Pascale and will be living in London for a while. You can read all about my brain-dead tourist situations, embarrassing cultural mistakes and see all the pictures and videos I make. I will also post some proper blogs about the work I do to please my parents and teachers. I'd appreciate it if you left a comment. Use the links underneath the top picture to navigate.













 readers online



Follow London Calling Pascale

What a great start...

Monday 24 January 2011 20:59

Day one. A complete disaster would be an understatement. Turns out that this whole flatshare in St Johns Wood is a massive scam. We've reported Vivian at gumtree and my dad's into sueing her or something of the sorts... at least to get our 750 pounds back.

Right now I'm staying over at a friend's place, sleeping on his sofa. I was lucky he was willing to have me over! It's quite the journey from Bethnal Green to St Johns Wood, but it's the way it is for now. I don't know if I'll be going to see McFly tomorrow... getting myself a place to live is slightly more important at the moment (don't worry Carys, I will still meet you at Baker Street to give you the tickets).

Celesta (and Gijs), Caroline (and Chrisje who I heard has had the same thing happen to her) and mum and dad have been complete heroes for me today. They've been calling and texting and contacting about every person they know in London to sort something out for me. I've gotten loads of lovely messages through twitter and facebook too - thanks everyone. It all kept me from bursting into tears right in the middle of the street when a police officer told me the address I was looking for didn't actually exist (not to mention that smug look on his face).

Just my bloody luck.

Anyway, I did visit the school today because I didn't really know where else to go. They were shocked and appalled that someone would do this and sat me down with a cup of tea (milk and sugar as proper tea should be) and calmed me down a bit. I have only stepped foot in their little offices to report this Vivian person with their help, but the school seems very nice. I've left half my stuff down there so I wouldn't have to carry it all to Bethnal Green with me. I'm meeting the head of the school as well as the headteacher again tomorrow for a proper introduction.

Long story short; I'm at Olly's now and he's just put my dinner in the oven. I've got a roof over my head (if it's up to Olly I'm staying here 4 months) and we'll just see what will happen tomorrow.

ps. Any tips or advice? Always welcome - especially now! Leave a message at the top of this page!
20:59 share!