London Calling
Pascale History More

Howdy!

I am Pascale and will be living in London for a while. You can read all about my brain-dead tourist situations, embarrassing cultural mistakes and see all the pictures and videos I make. I will also post some proper blogs about the work I do to please my parents and teachers. I'd appreciate it if you left a comment. Use the links underneath the top picture to navigate.













 readers online



Follow London Calling Pascale

Sunday

Sunday 30 January 2011 17:34

So here I am. Internet on my laptop, completely out of tears (now that I just typed that I've started welling up again) and ready for my first day of work tomorrow. So much as happened this week - I've been running around like a mad person, from Bethnal Green to St Johns Wood to Wembley Park to Lewisham... but now there's nothing else for me to do but rest.

I went to get internet today at a T-Mobile shop, got special treatment from the manager because he said I was a good looking lady with a French name and he liked that. In the end I left with a discount because, and I quote, "we like girls with blonde hair here at T-Mobile." Bit weird, but you won't hear me complain! Tomorrow I start my day at 9am with Helen. We've had a conversation on Friday when I went to get my suitcase that was in her office. She's absolutely thrilled to have me help her out; she confessed she was incredibly worried at first having a Dutch girl coming over. She'd no idea what to expect, but after meeting me she was just happy that there wouldn't be a language barrier between us and that I've already worked on an English primary school before. I know what's expected of me.

The only thing that's on my mind now is that I need to go and look for a new place. I am paying for this room per week, so if I wanted to move out I only have to give a weeks notice and I can leave whenever I want. I need time to go around and have a look at these places, so there's a slight chance I'll just work mornings or afternoons for a few days per week in the first month here. So far the school's been VERY understanding (even people I don't know have been stopping me in the hallways and telling me that Jesus' power is with me and all that hoo-ha) so hopefully there won't be any problem there.

There's a couple of pictures up on my facebook page of the past week. Go have a look.

EDIT: I hadn't told you this yet, but I had found some Dutch food products in the kitchen, and Tony from Twin UK had also told me that he had placed Dutch girls in this building before, so I was thrilled that I wasn't the only one. But there's three floors in this building and the halls are incredibly long. So, instead of knocking on every door to ask if there's a Dutch girl living there, I put up a sad little note on the bulletin board downstairs in the hall, telling the Dutch people to knock on my door sometime. Right in the middle of skyping/twitcamming with Celesta, there was a knock on my door and guess what? There's a Dutch girl RIGHT next to my room. I had no idea. Apparently she also had her mother over yesterday, so I'm not the only one that's homesick right now. There were two more Dutch girls here, but they all moved out quick enough (just like I'm planning to do). The girl next door is also looking for another place. She has a friend over right now who used to live in my room but left this place two weeks ago. We have already made plans to cook dinner together every day, because this place is incredibly boring if you're all alone. YAY FRIENDS!
17:34 share!