London Calling
Pascale History More

Howdy!

I am Pascale and will be living in London for a while. You can read all about my brain-dead tourist situations, embarrassing cultural mistakes and see all the pictures and videos I make. I will also post some proper blogs about the work I do to please my parents and teachers. I'd appreciate it if you left a comment. Use the links underneath the top picture to navigate.













 readers online



Follow London Calling Pascale

First day at work.

Monday 31 January 2011 17:57

Today was a lot of fun! In the morning I had a meeting with Gabrielle, the Deputy Headteacher of St. Christina's School and she explained basically everything about the school, the systems they use and the school agenda. She's not from England, but her accent is so integrated that I can hardly tell if she's Irish or American... anyway. After that I started my day with Helen. Helen is a Special Educational Needs Coordinator - SENCO for short. Basically what we'd call a remedial teacher. She basically gets groups of children to her office which is a small classroom in itself from year one up til year 6. From year 3 on St. Christina's becomes a girls school, so there aren't a lot of boys.

Today I also met the only Dutch pupil on St Christina's! She's probably 8 or 9 years old and has moved to London with her family a couple of years ago - we had a conversation in English because she felt too shy to speak Dutch with me in front of her friends but I could tell she was excited there's now a Dutch teacher on her school!

From next week on I will do a lot of reading and speaking exercises with French, Japanese and Russian pupils who are still having a hard time grasping the English language. So basically I'm doing what I already did back in The Netherlands, but now I can't switch back to Dutch to explain something - I'll need to use pictures and describe things if they're not clear enough.

Last thing that I found incredibly funny; I was on playground duty today and there were 5 girls, standing up on a bench pretending it to be a stage, singing The Saturdays songs. They even did the names of all the girls in Flo Rida style before their song started singing Higher - amazing! I remember how I used to do that with my classmates to The Spice Girl songs! Anyway, good day!
17:57 share!