London Calling
Pascale History More

Howdy!

I am Pascale and will be living in London for a while. You can read all about my brain-dead tourist situations, embarrassing cultural mistakes and see all the pictures and videos I make. I will also post some proper blogs about the work I do to please my parents and teachers. I'd appreciate it if you left a comment. Use the links underneath the top picture to navigate.













 readers online



Follow London Calling Pascale

My last week!

Monday 16 May 2011 13:40

My last week in London has officially started. Booo!

Last Friday was interesting as a Dutch girl came to visit to the school. She had an assessment with Helen to see what level she was on foccussing on maths, reading and writing. This girl had never spoken English before, so they asked me if I wanted to be the translator. I said yes. This has been the first time that I've actually really spoken a lot of Dutch in the school... and it wasn't as weird as I always thought it would be. I had a nice chat with the mum too and got to give them a tour of the school.

Now, ehh... London?! What's wrong with your weather?! I'm sorry but I've checked the forecast at least 15 times yesterday and again this morning. It said it'd be 24 degrees today, so here I am, summer dress, little make-up and flipflops... I swear it's only about 16 degrees and I am freezing my balls off. Well, I would be, if I had balls.

I have managed to already pack half the stuff I had cluttered up in my little room. Seriously, where do all these clothes I haven't worn ONCE come from?! There's three suitcases full with clothes I decided I won't be wearing this week under my bed and half the stuff that used to be on my shelves, in my drawers and on my desk is now (sort of) neatly packed in two massive shopping bags. I've already taken posters off the walls, thrown away food in the fridge that has been in there for far too long (I now know what happens when you leave half a cucumber in the fridge for over a month) and realised I still had some food in my kitchen cabinet. I had forgotten about it really, but I found lots of coffee, tea and soup as well as some sugary peanuts my parents brought me when they were over here in January... nice.

In the meantime I'm also giving Twin UK lots of new clients! There's new students coming to work at this school in September (a girl from Germany and a girl from France I have heard) who have asked the school if they could help them with accommodation. First person Nathalie goes to? Me. So now I'm just passing on Twin UK's information so that they can get a room in the building I'm in now and from there see if they can find another place that's closer to the school (which I eventually gave up on). I don't mind really, I'm happy to help! I wouldn't want what happened to me to happen to anyone else!

Okay, rounding off. Fangirl mode ON: Tonight I'm seeing Charlie Simpson live! Ok bye.
13:40 share!