London Calling
Pascale History More

Howdy!

I am Pascale and will be living in London for a while. You can read all about my brain-dead tourist situations, embarrassing cultural mistakes and see all the pictures and videos I make. I will also post some proper blogs about the work I do to please my parents and teachers. I'd appreciate it if you left a comment. Use the links underneath the top picture to navigate.













 readers online



Follow London Calling Pascale

Bus D3

Tuesday 15 February 2011 20:32

Today when I walked out the door and it was drizzling, I decided to have a quick peep at the bus stop right outside the main entrance of the hospital only to find out that instead of walking to the tube station every day, I could've easily taken the bus.

Bus D3 will take me to and from the station/the hospital in about 4 minutes and goes about every 10 minutes. So, instead of walking 10-15 minutes, I will now wait for the bus for about 10 minutes (max) and then another 4 on the bus... so in the end, it won't give me more time in the morning, but it's nice to know that my Oyster card can actually take me from my doorstep to my work.

Today at work (I refuse to call it my workplacement or 'stage' because somehow that has a negative vibe hanging around it, ask other HAN students) I realised I am past the whole 'oh you're new' fase. In fact, I am considered a colleague instead of an intern and it's quite awesome. My name appears on the notice board in the staff room every other day when I volunteer for playground duty or if I'm filling in for teachers that are ill. Today I was in Reception most of the time and slowly but surely I'm getting to know all the children in the school. I was also introduced to a couple of parents today - mothers mostly - of children that I am working really close with. It's nice to know who the parents behind a child are, but it's also pretty cool that they want to know who I am!
20:32 share!