London Calling
Pascale History More

Howdy!

I am Pascale and will be living in London for a while. You can read all about my brain-dead tourist situations, embarrassing cultural mistakes and see all the pictures and videos I make. I will also post some proper blogs about the work I do to please my parents and teachers. I'd appreciate it if you left a comment. Use the links underneath the top picture to navigate.













 readers online



Follow London Calling Pascale

My own timetable

Tuesday 8 February 2011 20:18

Had I already told you that Joselyn isn't going back home after all? She went down to her work on Monday to initially tell them that she wasn't coming back, but instead of letting that happen, her supervisors are now trying their best to find something that's better and more fun for her to do. She's completely changed her attitude towards London as well - she used to keep going on about how much she disliked it here, but now she's really happy to live in London.

Elena, the Italian student who works as a classroom assistant in Year 4, and I are becoming good friends. She's going back to Italy at the end of March slash beginning of April, but she feels like she hasn't learned enough English yet so she's desperate to speak with everyone and pick up as much as she can. Because her English is so poor, it makes my English stand out more - a day doesn't go by without a compliment on my English.

Today I have started to create my own timetable. There are a couple of moments each week that I will be in and out different class rooms to work closely with a couple of pupils. Helen has also told me that she has informed all parents of foreign children she works one-on-one with, that I will be taking over. So far all parents have been very glad since it's quite easy for me to jump in where children have problems as I am studying to become a teacher of English as a SECOND LANGUAGE. They all do want to meet me though, so I'll be introduced to a lot of parents this week. When eventually my timetable will be filled up, I won't have to walk around looking for Helen (so she can tell me what to do) anymore.

For now I'm not allowed to take pictures in the school because there's a special 'Photograph Policy'. Nathalie will hopefully tell me more about that tomorrow!
20:18 share!