London Calling
Pascale History More

Howdy!

I am Pascale and will be living in London for a while. You can read all about my brain-dead tourist situations, embarrassing cultural mistakes and see all the pictures and videos I make. I will also post some proper blogs about the work I do to please my parents and teachers. I'd appreciate it if you left a comment. Use the links underneath the top picture to navigate.













 readers online



Follow London Calling Pascale

Famous for the lipstick

Monday 21 March 2011 18:36

Yesterday I had lunch with Elena at Covent Garden. We went to an Italian Restaurant and sat outside in the sunshine. It was really nice - we got to gossip about all the teachers and the food was amazing! I also learned that Italian restaurants in England make up 'Italian words'. Basically just words that look very Italian and impressive but that don't actually exist in the Italian language. Scammers! Afterwards we went to see Black Swan at Leicester Square - I had already seen the film, but Elena hadn't. Now that I've seen it twice, the story definitely makes more sense to me, so I spent the whole film just explaining everything to Elena to the annoyance of the people behind us.

I feel like I've been tested today. Usually I get told what to do and what to look out for when I work with a child I have never worked with before. Then afterwards I get asked how it went and if there's anything that alarmed me. Today I just got told which children to get from which class - nothing more. At first I didn't even notice that I wasn't told what to do exactly, but as the day progressed, I noticed that Helen was really trying not to tell me what to do. She would stop talking in the middle of her sentence and nod at me as if to say, "Do you understand? Ok, go on then." And I think I've passed... well, sort of anyway (mainly because Maggie told me in the staffroom that "Helen was just praising me"). I discovered that a child who is always very busy with about everything but her work has probably something to do with the way she holds her pencil. Every time she has to write something, she uses so much force it probably hurts her fingers. So I suggested that she'd get one of those pencil grips so she could learn how to hold a pencil properly. I got a "Oh, that's actually a pretty good idea. We'll get her one." SUCCESS.

I spent the rest of the day in Nursery because Anna was out. The children were transfixed with my lipstick. About every child that approached me was looking at my mouth - some even tried to touch it. When everyone had to go inside after playtime, Mary told me that 'I was getting famous' for my lipstick. She'd overheard a group of children during maths who were discussing if their mummy's looked 'as good as Miss Pascale with lipstick on.' I FEEL SO APPRECIATED.
18:36 share!