London Calling
Pascale History More

Howdy!

I am Pascale and will be living in London for a while. You can read all about my brain-dead tourist situations, embarrassing cultural mistakes and see all the pictures and videos I make. I will also post some proper blogs about the work I do to please my parents and teachers. I'd appreciate it if you left a comment. Use the links underneath the top picture to navigate.













 readers online



Follow London Calling Pascale

Influenza

Wednesday 9 March 2011 13:53

It's official... my cold has gotten worse (which I didn't think was even possible) and it's transformed into influenza.

Influenza; commonly referred to as the flu, is an infectious disease caused by RNA viruses of the family Orthomyxoviridae (the influenza viruses). The most common symptoms of the disease are chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort. Typically, influenza is transmitted through the air by coughs or sneezes, creating aerosols containing the virus.

It's horrible. I have let the school know that I hope to be back at the end of the week, but if things don't get better they probably won't see me until next week. Today I received an e-mail from Helen that her husband is also stay-at-home ill and that it's probably the same bug. She also asked if there's anything she can do for me (I wouldn't know what, she can hardly come and bring me soup, I'm at the other side of London!) since it's miserable to be ill and away from home. She's right, I'm so bored! I'm trying to think of things to do; so far I have painted my nails two times, cleaned my room, eaten all easter eggs my mum gave me and watched two bad comedies. Any tips? Leave them in my chatbox at the top of the page!

I think I might see if I can plan some trips for those three weeks off in April!
13:53 share!