London Calling
Pascale History More

Howdy!

I am Pascale and will be living in London for a while. You can read all about my brain-dead tourist situations, embarrassing cultural mistakes and see all the pictures and videos I make. I will also post some proper blogs about the work I do to please my parents and teachers. I'd appreciate it if you left a comment. Use the links underneath the top picture to navigate.













 readers online



Follow London Calling Pascale

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Thursday 17 March 2011 19:26

You know when we dress up for Queens Day... when we sort of go over the top on orange? Yea, St Patrick's Day is like that, except everything's green. It's an Irish holiday, so we didn't really celebrate it that much at school, but the three Irish teachers and the music staff had organised drinks at 4 in the staffroom.

Awesomeness! The table in the staffroom was full with 'Irish food and snacks' and Helen was mixing Black Velvets for everyone. It's basically Guinness mixed with champagne. I thought I wouldn't like it, but I ended up drinking three glasses. Half way through, all chairs were moved and two little girls came in to give a little Irish Dancing show. When they had finished, Alan had drunk enough to have a go as well (I heard that last year he was knocking over tables with his long legs, so now we moved all knock-overable things out of the way) and he was brilliant! Then Anna had a go too and she is absolutely amazing!! Afterwards everyone was talking about dancing so when I got asked if I danced, I explained how I used to be really into hip hop dancing... Next thing I know everyone's telling me to show off some dancemoves in assembly. Err... no thanks.

More awesomeness; at some point, people were talking about their first concert and they had all these amazing bands that were their first gigs. The Stones, Van Morrison... when they asked me, I just went "Ehh... Busted?". I expected everyone to burst out laughing, but one of the teachers had a mental freak out. "Oh my God, Busted?!" Turns out she's a proper fan of them ("Did you also fancy Charlie?! He was definitely my favourite!") Never mind that she's probably about 45...

Last awesome thing; today when a parent asked Helen where I was, she described me as 'That girl with those amazing glasses'. Never gets old, getting compliments on my specs!
19:26 share!