London Calling
Pascale History More

Howdy!

I am Pascale and will be living in London for a while. You can read all about my brain-dead tourist situations, embarrassing cultural mistakes and see all the pictures and videos I make. I will also post some proper blogs about the work I do to please my parents and teachers. I'd appreciate it if you left a comment. Use the links underneath the top picture to navigate.













 readers online



Follow London Calling Pascale

London; never boring.

Saturday 26 March 2011 20:45

I only read about the protests on twitter; apparently students were taking over the city with protests against the cuts on education and what not. Things had gotten quite voilent (smashing windows, bombing buildings with paint, randomly creating fires everywhere etc.) but I decided to go and have a look. Oxford Street seemed to be full of marches, so I went there for some pictures.


Oxford Circus


Protecting the fashion!


Paint bombings left their marks on the pavement


They had music! Someone was rapping along as well.


Litter set on fire at Marble Arch


They were handing these papers to everyone


Fire right in the middle of the Oxford Street/Regent Street crossing


Police at Marble Arch


They were pretty much just going up and down Oxford Street the entire time...

It was pretty awesome! Felt quite liberating, stopping cars and marching right down the middle of the streets. There were loads of camera crews everywhere and at some point two news helicopters with camera men hanging out were flying up and down oxford Street as well. Apparently Topshop had kicked in windows (didn't see any of that) and was heavily paint bombed (I did see that). There were protest groups all over London who all damaged the city quite a bit... have a look at these articles;

Anarchists blitz the Ritz and occupy Fortnum & Mason: Yobs break away from anti-cuts demo as HALF A MILLION peaceful protesters march on London

Huge turnout in London for protest against austerity measures

London marchers protest massive spending cuts in Britain

Anti-cuts march draws hundreds of thousands as police battle rioters

Pretty eventful that was. Now, I'm off to Brixton for drinks with Suzanne! LATERGATOR!
20:45 share!